Is your content optimized for social media?
One of the best ways to attain great SEO results is by pairing your content with the proper use of keywords when writing your blog posts.
The main reason for doing this is because when your content is optimized for social pages, it more often than not results in more retweets, likes, re-pins, re-shares, and +1s.
However, what you may be aiming for is an increase in the click-through rate back to your website, which is more important.
With the plethora of options for social pages today, each with its own preferences, it may be a tedious task trying to get your content optimized for each social page available.
Each of the social networks comes with its own set of rules from image sizing, to length of content, among other restrictions. The same goes for Google, plus, the rules tend to get more complex with the kind of media you choose for your posts.
How to optimize your content for social pages with WordPress
But how do you ensure your content is optimized for every social page, while achieving uniform presentation across all networks that look great and deliver your desired results?
One of the right ways to do this is directly from your WordPress dashboard.
This is made possible by just installing the WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin.
With this one plugin, you will be able to optimize your blog or website content presentation across a variety of social media networks, regardless of where it gets shared.
The best part about using this plugin is that it works with any of your preferred social media sharing plugins, so you need not worry much about changing them.
The WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin is available in two versions: the Free version, and the Pro Version.
In this post, we’ll share how to use the free WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin to optimize your content for social pages.
How to use the Free WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin
In order to set off optimization of your content using the plugin, there are a few things you need to do.
The first thing to do is perform the plugin set up. To do this, you need to take the steps below:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard
- Select Plugins
- Select Add New
- Search for WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin
- Click Install Now
- Click Activate
- Click Save
- For users with WordPress SEO by Yoast installed, the WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin will alert you on possible conflict issues, then request that you disable the WordPress SEO by Yoast’s social settings.
- Click Save once you disable the Yoast plugin features
You’re now ready to set up the WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin.
This needs very little configuration, but you need to double check some settings to ensure everything works perfectly.
Here are the steps to take:
- Once you install and activate the WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin, go to the left side menu where a dedicated tab for WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin is displayed
- Hover over the tab
- Click General settings
- The basic WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin options will be displayed. You can choose to click Display All Plugin options (at the top) if you prefer to change this to display all options.
- You can hover over each of the options to see the explanations given for each setting.
- Enter your social page’s URL, then set the image dimension preferred, which by default are set at 800×800 pixels.
Some of the pre-configured settings include those of Open Graph, but these can be tweaked further if you upgrade to the Pro version of the WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin.
Once you have everything configured, you’ll notice a Social tab at the bottom the next time you write a new blog post or article.
You can check from there whether everything is displayed to your preferences, and validate your content presentation over different social pages including Twitter Cards, Facebook’s Open Graph Validator, Pinterest rich pins, and Google’s structured data markup.
Under plugin settings is an Advanced tab, which, if used in the Free version doesn’t offer anything, unless you upgrade to the Pro version of the WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin.
Here are some before and after screenshots of how content has been optimized for social pages using the WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin:
WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin: Free vs Pro versions
The Pro version (paid) of the WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin goes for about $39 for a one site license, so if you need more than one, for multiple site licenses in one go, you get a discounted price per site.
This also offers more savings with more site licenses purchased, plus a 30-day risk-free refund policy.
With the Free WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin version, you get to perform the setup needed to produce optimized content for social pages.
However, with the Pro version, you get access to more features including:
- Access to 6 Twitter cards (out of a total 7 available)
- Ability to modify titles and descriptions for SEO
- Extra contact fields in user profiles
- Third party plugin integrations including NextGen gallery, WooCommerce, JetPack Photon, among many others
- Custom meta tag settings for each page, post or custom post type, plus much more
Ideally, upgrading to the Pro (paid) version of the WordPress Social Sharing Optimization plugin gives you total and full control over how your content is presented across all social pages, which makes it worth the spend.
Besides producing great blog posts, articles, and other content types, it is more important, today, to optimize the content for social pages.
Using the WordPress Social Share Optimization plugin enables you to attain amazing results and ensure that your content always gets displayed in the best ways possible, regardless of the social page it will be shared on.
In order to get full control over the display of your content on social pages, why not take a step and upgrade to the Pro version of WordPress Social Share Optimization plugin?
Either way, you win!
Sam Zaman loves to write on technology and related stuff. E-commerce, mobile and internet marketing equally drive her interest. Likes gardening and experimenting with new recipes. An avid reader and absolutely mad @bout donuts. She has been associated with Mofluid / Snewscms.